Monday, February 7, 2011

Sunshine, a Fort, and a Volcano

Hello from Vancouver,

Last Wednesday we were out grocery shopping and saw that the sky was quite clear and that Mt. Hood was very nice looking. But since a parking lot usually is not a good viewing of a mountain, I decided to take a stroll around Fort Vancouver. These are some of the shots I got, all of them have Mt. Hood in the distance. The sun was setting ever lower and I was finishing up just as the light went.

This is a place I like to go, since this our local historic area.

IMG_0812

These are trellises in the Fort’s garden:

IMG_0806

I like to think of this as a view as something that could have been observed 180 years ago:

IMG_0823

The Fort’s Bastion and apple orchard:

IMG_0840

IMG_0845

Mt. Hood is a very nice looking mountain.

IMG_0848

Hope everyone is doing well and making life an adventure…

1 comment:

Rosanne said...

I love the mountains!
what lovely and timeless photos.