Sunday, February 13, 2011

Recent Craftiness

Just a few pictures of projects I’ve been working on recently.

IMG_4712

Baby booties. If these booties look familiar to you it may be because I sent you a pair. I am a dog of few tricks where knitting is concerned. These two ended up two slightly different sizes, but overall I was pretty pleased.

IMG_4673

Measuring out fabric for a baby sling. I decided I wanted to make a baby sling and made a half-size one a few weeks ago. I made all the mistakes on that one so I wouldn’t have to make any on this one. I am moderately pleased with the result:IMG_4690 Yes, I am modeling my sling with a stuffed elephant in it. The baby (at least in the beginning) will be smaller, and so I’m hoping will fit better. IMG_4694 The sling feels a bit long and so I may end up shortening it (but that’s WAY easier than trying to make it longer). And it also feels a bit flopsy, like I need to have ties to keep the sling in a shut-ish position… I’ll have to try it with a real infant before I make any real changes, though.

1 comment:

emily said...

I just got out those baby booties you made us to have them ready for the new baby! So cute! You are so talented! And I like the sling. It looks like it's just right.