I had a new knitting experience. Mom got me some yarn, needles, and a pattern (Thanks, Mom!) and I knitted a purse. Due to some counting problems (I can count. I promise.) the increases did not match up to where the straps ended up. So when I finished knitting this is what I ended up with…
The first picture has the bag aligned to the increases (where the bottom of the bag says is front). The second picture lines up the straps and tells the increases to lay off!
Because we don’t have a washing machine, I decided to try felting “by hand.” It took 40 minutes of using the potato masher in hothot water (and the purse smelled like a wet dog) but it turned out very nicely. Once the yarn tightens up, you can push it around and make it do what you want, so the discrepancies that existed in the pre-felted project were not a problem any more.
I’m now in the market for a pretty button or pin to decorate the flap. I’ll let you know how that turns out.