Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Lookout Huckleberries

August was berry picking time in the mountains and forest of the Great Northwest. We headed to our best spot for picking huckleberries on Lookout Mountain. It takes about two hours to get there, including an hour up a very bumpy, dirt road. When we did get there, I wanted to take some pictures of the wonderful view, but I didn’t have a card in my camera (so disappointing!). I figured then I would just have to use my phone, but I had also forgotten it. Good thing Ruth brought her phone. So I just got a few pictures, spending the rest of the time picking berries.

IMAG0398IMAG0409

Magnus was much better at finding (and eating) the berries than last year. When we got tired, we cooked some dinner, and waited for the beautiful sunset. We had a lot of fun.

IMAG0413IMAG0427

Plus, our pile of huckleberries, will go to good use.

IMG_4883

No comments: