Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dana Turns 30!

It was a very busy weekend for Dana’s Birthday and Father’s Day.

IMG_4781

Saturday (6/15/13) afternoon we went to Gene Marsh’s birthday party. He shares my birthday of June 17, and I have known him since I was a kid. He was my Primary teacher when I turned 8, and he was the one who baptized me. This year he celebrates his 70th birthday and I my 30th. I was glad we could go to his party.

 

 

IMG_5402

Saturday is also when one of my best friends, Ryan, and his wife, Kathrin, arrived from Arizona. So, we had a get-together at a park for a lot of the people we hung out with in high school. It was a nice little reunion and we were happy to see so many.

 

 

 

Sunday was Father’s Day, and we spent that down in Salem with my dad and Terry.

Monday, June 17, was my birthday. My best friend, Brian, had his birthday the day before, so we made a cake for him too. Ryan and Kathrin, the Guptills, Terry’s son Ryan, plus my family were all able to come. Before dinner we had some time to pick berries in the yard.

IMG_5438IMG_5437

Dinner was rice with chicken and sauce, a favorite of mine. Look at all the happy people:

IMG_5446IMG_5448IMG_5451IMG_5459IMG_5458IMG_5473

Ruth made me a vanilla cake with root beer frosting; and for Brian, a Boston Cream Pie. Magnus put three candles in each cake for 30. Happy Birthday!

IMG_5477

Ivan and Terry got me this really cool mounted beetle display.

IMG_5482

Thanks for the fun and exciting weekend, everybody.

No comments: