Thursday, December 18, 2008

Last one: more pots

OK, I'm done with my ceramics class. Here are My last pieces.

Remember the raku pot from the previous post that was supposed to look misshapen? Here is another one. I like the crackley glaze.

And another misshapen pot. I made this the last day when I had nothing else to do. My professor suggested I just try throwing something huge on the wheel. This was one. I had it fired at a very high temperature and I only glazed the inside.

Here is the second of those ("throw something huge!") pots. I thought it would turn out white white, but it turned out white with brown spots. Kinda cool.

Here is the bug pot. Can you name all the bugs on it? Sorry the pictures are kind of blurry...

I call this one the cabbage leaf. Think along the lines of a giant, funny colored cabbage... And then I put funny lines on the side (not pictured).

Last, but not least, The Robot Box! He doesnt have a name yet, so if you have any ideas, let me know. And yes, he has a screw for an eye. And an outlet for an ear.

Here is the gingerbread house I made all by myself. (the pattern, the frosting, everything!) :-) After constructing the house and decorating the roof Dana pointed out that there was no door and no windows, thus making it more of a gingerbread prison. So I added the door and the windows, but nothing extravagant. The white blotch used to be a snowman. And of course now it looks like it barely made it through the bombing of Dresden, so there you go.

Finals are almost over! Woohoo!

5 comments:

emily said...

If I have to go to prison, let it be gingerbread prison. Those are cool pots. I had no idea you can get so many different outcomes from the different glazes and techniques. Very cool!! And I like your gingerbread house!

Cheryl said...

[smacks forehead] i can't believe you made a bombing of dresden JOKE associated with your gingerbread house. ah well, so it goes, right? hahah

yeah pots! that robot one is really really cool :0,

TheMatador said...

I think you should name the robot box "Tick Tock" from return to OZ

Jensen: Dana and Ruth said...

AGREED! Thus shall he be known as Tick Tock.

crazydaisygirl said...

Ruth, I love your pots! They are so fun. I would love to take that class. I got your blog address from Grandpa, so i thought I should warn you that I was lurking. How is school going? When will you guys be done at BYU?

Diana (your cousin)