Friday, November 7, 2008

More Ceramics

Here are some more pieces from my ceramics class. Most of these glazes are the high firing glazes meaning they are food safe. I knew the black and pink one would turn out the way they did, but the honey pot shaped one was an experiment. So was the pencil cup: I layered two different glazes and ended up with a much deeper blue. Enjoy.




This is the detailing I put on the side (that you never see...good going, genius)


Notice how this glaze (this is a low fire glaze) kind of melted? I coated it evenly on the inside and the outside, but (especially the glossy outside glaze) tends to drip a lot.



And this is the honey pot. I named it that. Just now.

1 comment:

emily said...

Those are cool Ruth. It sounds like a fun class. I like the honey pot...it makes me want to stick my face in it and lick honey out of it. Or write "HUNNY" on it or something.