Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Snow Day Waterfalls

IMG_5139

Mid-November brought a snow storm to our area and I happened to have the day off already. So, wanting to go out in the snow, I headed up the Gorge to see some waterfalls. First, I went to Panther Creek Falls. The snow was falling and it was beautiful. There was lots of ice coating everything as well.

IMG_5158IMG_5150

The lower portion:

IMG_5209IMG_5197

The snow really started to fall, so I headed back down to lower elevation and across to Oregon. I parked at the Eagle Creek trailhead, which was completely empty (usually a very busy spot). I hiked to Metlako Falls:

IMG_5309IMG_5323

And even found a different view of it.

IMG_5349

Then Punchbowl and Lower Punchbowl Falls

IMG_5400IMG_5416

It was great hiking there in the utter silence and peace. The snow looked wonderful.

IMG_5440

I made it home safely and enjoyed my snow day.

No comments: