Thursday, May 9, 2013

Beacon Rock Camping

IMG_3529

Camping with my brother, Anton, and some of his Young Mens group at Beacon Rock SP. It was a very nice night to do it. Anton needed another adult to come, and I was happy I was able to go.

 

That night I went out looking for fun things. Here are some of them:

IMG_3535IMG_3540IMG_3546IMG_3571

The next day was beautiful. I had to get back to town, but Anton met some other leaders and they did a hike. On my way home I did make a few quick stops. Here is Beacon Rock from near the campground.

IMG_3592

I read about this little known place called Nellie Corser, owned by Fish and Wildlife. It was really pretty. It was a little creek, running through a deep gorge. This made several little waterfalls and pools. It looks like a great place to spend an afternoon.

IMG_3623IMG_3630IMG_3649IMG_3651

I also read about this old stone house, hidden among the trees. It was pretty cool.

IMG_3680IMG_3660

And I stopped to look at Cape Horn from below. The colors were amazing with all the new growth:

IMG_3688IMG_3701

No comments: