Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ruth’s birthday bash!

It was my birthday last week and we celebrated in a grand fashion.

On Wednesday we went ice skating with Ivan and Elina. Magnus was good and napped during the majority of the outing, being swapped from person to person as we took turns skating.

IMG_0838IMG_0841

IMG_0852IMG_0839

Here is Dana and I on the ice.

On Friday we went out to the gorge to see pretty things. We went to Latourell Falls and hiked up behind the falls. It was chilly but not too cold.

IMG_0951IMG_0195

Magnus had a blast riding on Dana’s shoulders in the outdoors. He giggled and bounced and talked during the walk up. On the hike down, I carried him in the baby carrier and he fell asleep almost immediately.

IMG_0198IMG_1003

IMG_0202

We came home and went to dinner at Red Robin and then Else took me shopping to get some socks (yay, new socks!) and then we went home and ate chocolate-peppermint cake. I made it myself. The filling is like York peppermint patty filling and the frosting has candy canes in it. It was yummy!

IMG_1072

IMG_1082

Thanks for the great birthday, everybody!

No comments: