Monday, August 22, 2011

Our Trip to the Fair

As mentioned previously, we had the chance to go to the Clark County Fair with Ivan and Terry.

We started with a stop at the beekeeping demonstration. I was very impressed with the beekeeper’s composure. I guess you have to be very calm to work with bees.

IMG_2432

We made sure to visit the animals, including the chickens and rabbits. I love to see the rabbits.  The baby chicks are pretty nice too. We wanted to show Magnus what the chick on his chair is based on.

DSC_0723

This rabbit was out for people to pet. He was the best behaved rabbit I’ve ever seen. He did not even seem nervous to be among the hustle and bustle.

DSC_0724

With some cows

DSC_0725

Dana likes to visit the piglets at the fair. I have much more sympathy for that momma pig than I ever have before.

DSC_0729

We also caught the hypnotist show, which was OK. Not super-funny. We ate kettle corn (super-yummy!) and Dana and I had a deep-fried Snickers Bar. It was also only OK.

Before we left we went through to see the competition pieces. Dana and Ivan loved looking at the photos and finding familiar locations (both local and abroad) among the winners. I liked seeing all the entries and thinking of all those creative people that live close by. It made me want to be more crafty and attentive to detail in my work.

Thanks for the fun trip to the fair, Ivan and Terry!

No comments: