Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Another “Hike-and-wildlife” Post

So, our update this time is another hike with some wildlife pictures… I sure hope you guys aren’t sick of these yet…Because the Washington/Oregon area has a ridiculous amount of hikes (and wildlife). So too bad for you guys ;-).

Dana and I went to see Wahclella Falls. We had tried before to go on this hike and were thwarted by the small parking lot. So we tried again.

First along the trail was this smaller falls called Munra Falls. It was kind of wispy and pretty.

IMG_7936 (768x1024)           IMG_7934 (768x1024)  

The amphitheater around Wahclella is kind of giant and overwhelming. I took this picture at the bottom of the amphitheater. IMG_4095 (1024x768)Can you find Dana?

Dana took this picture from his high spot. IMG_8039 (1024x768) You can see a smaller rivulet coming into the stream above the falls down a rock face.

IMG_4053 (768x1024)   IMG_4090 (1024x575)       

Ok, more gratuitous waterfall pictures…

IMG_7966 (1024x768) IMG_7988 (1024x768) IMG_8016 (1024x768)        

On our hike back Dana found this pretty snake. She was big and she smelled pretty strongly.

IMG_8069 (1024x768) 

Dana found this little salamander in the stream near the end of our hike.

IMG_4149 (1024x768)IMG_8074 (1024x768)

It was a very pleasant hike with some very pretty views of the Gorge. Yay the Gorge!

IMG_4147 (768x1024)

Ok, for all of you who suffered through our pictures, we have some news: We are expecting a baby! I’m due at the end of April. We will find out at the beginning of December whether we’ll have a boy or a girl. Until then, we eagerly await our little Quazar.

5 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Horray!!! I am so excited for you. And now that you're nearly over that first trimester, things will get easier. Then you'll get tired. Oh, how I wish I could knit you some cute booties or something. You better keep us posted when you know boy or girl. Congrats again!

emily said...

Yea!! I'm excited for you guys...and to find out what the little Quazar is (is that what we're calling him/her?) I hope you are feeling good...I like the waterfall pics too. It looks so pretty there!

Chris and Hilary said...

Wow waterfalls! Oh wait, a BABY? Congrats! All I can say is I hope pregnancy is better for you than it was for me. You guys are going to be such fun parents. What a lucky child!

Anonymous said...

The waterfall photos are stunning, and I DID find Dana on the high place. I think of all the wonderful mosses, ferns, lichens, and liverworts, and get all happy!
Congratulations on the little Quazar, and his/her parents.
Love, Mom K

Nancy said...

Congratulations on the baby news that is so exciting for you. You will be great parents. I am so happy for you.
Love,
from Aunt Nancy