Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ruth’s Adventure: To Utah and Back

I got to go to Utah at the end of August to go to one of my best friend’s wedding. Dana couldn’t go because he had to work, so I got to go have fun with out him. I stayed at my Grantpa’s in West Jordan (Thanks, Grantpa!). Jackie picked me up from the airport the first day and we had fun gallivanting around preparing for the wedding. Here are some pictures.

IMG_3817 This is my former roommate, Hilary, and her husband Chris who have been married for a while and agreed to drive me to the sealing in Bountiful. They win the Superhero prize of the weekend because they did this the same weekend they were leaving Utah to move to Maryland and Hilary made Jackie’s wedding cake… and they have a new baby. So major props to them. Thanks, guys!

IMG_3822 IMG_3824

At the reception, Jackie sang a song to her new hubby. It was very cute (and super good!)

IMG_3826 IMG_3830

Cutting the cake (made by Hilary, isn’t it pretty!) and eating the cake. It was really yummy. Go, Hilary. 

IMG_3818 IMG_3845

Jackie’s reception was in the heritage park up behind the This is the Place Monument. This was the view off the porch up into the mountains, and then the sunset over the valley. Congrats to Jackie and Kendall!

 

IMG_3851 IMG_3853

It just so happened that the same weekend I was in Utah, Will, Courtney, and Whitney were there too! Check out their blog for their full scale adventure. They were kind enough to come and get me and then let me kick around with the fun Andersons all day before taking me to the airport. So here are some adorable pictures of Whitney. I believe she is smiling at her uncle Zack right here.

IMG_3858 IMG_3860 IMG_3862 IMG_3865

Thanks Andersons and Keelers for letting me come and crash your vacation!

5 comments:

us8now9.blogspot.com said...

We love having you and Dana anytime. You are family! Pam Anderson

TheMatador said...

That was a really fun adventure. I am glad we were able to get together. We will have to go visit you guys soon.

emily said...

Looks like a fun trip and a nice wedding! I bet your friend was happy you could come. And cool you got to see Will and Courtney and the Andersons!

Anonymous said...

That is good you were able to go. The pictures are good, very refreshing looking!
It would be nice to hear Jackie sing!
-Mom K

Ivy & Mae said...

Funny thing---we were in UT the end of August too...it must have been calling all of our names!