Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happenings of June

Here are some random things from June:

Here in the Northwest we have had an extra wet Spring. It is the wettest May and June on record, we have only had about 3 days that have reached 80°F. So there have been an extraordinary amount of slugs everywhere.

This is a picture of our turtle, George-Michael, facing off with one of the slugs. In the end I think the slug won because George-Michael ran away.

IMG_4453

One day Ruth and I went to a park so she could rollerblade. I went into the trees to find bugs. I was excited to find these little rhinoceros beetles that I have never found before.

IMG_4479 IMG_4476

And on June 17 I got to celebrate my birthday. Yah! Ruth made a very tasty blueberry-lemon cake.

IMG_4743

2 comments:

emily said...

I like the picture of George Michael facing off with the slug. Rollerblading sounds fun! Happy Birthday (a few days ago) Dana!!

Professional Poker Players said...

Good topic