Sunday, May 16, 2010

You’ll Find us at Falls Creek Falls

IMG_3671_2

On Friday, we decided to go on a little hike. I wanted to go to a waterfall that my brother, Steen, had wanted to take me to, but we never got the chance. So Ruth and I went.

It goes by the imaginative name of Falls Creek Falls. This waterfall is amazing. It is made up of 3 parts and an additional 4th part just downstream. All in all it is about 250 ft tall. Because of how it is situated you can only see a few parts of it at a time.

Here I am at the spot where you can see the top section.

IMG_3245

When you get right up to it you can only see the 2nd… IMG_3619

and 3rd tiers.

IMG_3643

It was not only impressive, but also very grand. Here I am, the small dot in the bottom left corner, after I climbed up to the other ledge.

IMG_3262

The hike was also very nice. It winds its way next to Falls Creek and passes some smaller tributaries, including a very nice cascade with lots of moss on the rocks.

IMG_3510 

There were also lots of flowers out. Some of the ones we liked best were these little mountain orchids:

IMG_3473

So, we had a great time and were sufficiently impressed by Falls Creek and its falls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful falls, and so BIG!
I love the little orchid.

Mom K