Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hair, party, and defying gravity

So, we know it has been a while since we've posted... Here is a little of what we've been up to...

On the first day of spring I decided it was warm enough for me to cut my hair and donate it to Locks of Love. I was right. It was warm that day and it hasn't been warm since. So here is my hair before... and here is my hair after...

The good pictures from the front will be posted when we write about our trip to Canyonlands National Park.

On the 29th of March, Dana and I drove up to West Jordan to my Grandpa's Birthday party! We had a good time visiting and singing together. Grantpa has great lung capacity, he blew out all his candles on the first go. He even agreed to take a picture with us :-). We love you, Grantpa!

Other than that, we've just been doing our classes etc etc... Things are wrapping up which is nice. It turns out I'm only 3 classes away from getting an editing minor, so we get to think about if that is worth staying for... Dana's big paper of Mantids got accepted (with revisions) to a fancy shmanzy journal! Yay! So after finals are done, he gets to start working on that again.

My niece, Anna, has been trying to crawl, and has perfected the crawl-scoot but not yet the normal crawl. However, I thought it was worthwhile to consider her other abilities. After all, if she has learned to defy gravity,
does she really need to crawl?

2 comments:

The Jensen Fam said...

Love the hair Ruth!! And congrats to Dana on finishing his paper and getting it accepted to be in the journal! We are all so happy for you guys that things are finishing up and going great!!

Lisa said...

Ruth, I was so excited to hear from you, and discover that you have a blog! It seems like just yesterday that my girls were babies and you were their babysitter, time flies...

I'm glad to see you're doing so well, and loving life. I love the haircut too, that's great that you donated to locks for love!