Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Goblin Valley Etc.

Here is the beautiful Goblin Valley.
This is up Little Wild Horse Canyon. It's kind of reminiscent of Antelope Canyon in Arizona, if any of you have heard of that. Antelope Canyon is not quite as rugged looking.
See the pretty layers of the canyon? The hike was actually quite pleasant. The difference of temperature in the shadow of the canyon was at least 10 degrees, maybe more.
This is one of the open parts of the hike. Dana's coworker likes to go geo-caching, and this was where one of the geo-caches was.


Here we are at Capitol Reef. It was a very quick visit.

1 comment:

Ivy & Mae said...

Paul took the scouts to little wild horse canyon in feb. one year. I really wanted to go, but I was preggers with Matthew (due in March) I wasn't pleased that I got stuck at home.

However, they had to go winter camping, and that didn't sound like much fun to me!

pretty place!