Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Furniture Painting

Terry sells Maison Blanche furniture paint in her store. It looks pretty and is easy to use. I took a beginning paint class at her store and decided I wanted to use that paint to paint my nightstand. I bought the nightstand at Savers for $3 just after Dana and I got married. IMG_7027IMG_7028

Here is when I remembered to take a picture as I was getting it cleaned up.

IMG_7029IMG_7030

And the next time I remembered to take a picture, after two coats of the paint. I got too excited and started putting on the wax before I had sanded it to make it look “distressed.” The wax is on the left drawer in the picture on the right.

IMG_7033IMG_7031

And here it is all finished. The wax is a grey chalk wax, so the bits of chalk get in the grooves in the wood and the paint and give it another dimension.

I was so pleased with how the nightstand turned out (and still had paint left) that I decided to paint this white table we’ve been using.

IMG_7048IMG_7049

Before, during…

IMG_7052

and after.  Because the white paint was underneath this one, it shows through when I sanded the piece.

The paint was super easy to work with (even I could do it!), so I recommend it if you’re getting inspired to paint some furniture.

No comments: